Friday 26 February 2016

HOW TO GET TIN FRESH GRAD EDITION



"Any person, whether natural or juridical, required under the authority of the Internal Revenue Code to make, render or file a return, statement or other documents, shall be supplied with or assigned a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) to be indicated in the return, statement or document to be filed with the Bureau of Internal Revenue, for his proper identification for tax purposes (Sec. 236 (i) of the Tax Code)."
-quoted from the BIR wesite, www.bir.gov.ph


As you might have read from my previous blog post, twas my first time looking, applying and landing a job. :)
One of the first requirements for a job is a TIN or what we call the TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER. Such can be obtained from the Bureau of Internal Revenue.
Need not worry though because they have Revenue District Offices (it's like a branch of BIR in different places) so you don't have to go to their main office to get one.
Here is a link for the list of the different Revenue District Offices:

I specifically got mine from their RDO (52) here in Paranaque situated just a few steps from the gate of Villanueva Village.

When I was in college, I had to get a TIN for I was one of the incorporators for the SEC registration of our organization, PSCAS. I then went to the said RDO and inquired how and if I can get a TIN even if I am not yet a taxpayer and I am unemployed. They said that YES I can but I will be under the "non-taxable" bracket. I filled out BIR form 1904 for it. The said form is used to apply for a Tax Identification Number.

So now that I am applying for a job, I was wondering if I should obtain another TIN or just update from being under "non-taxable" to be under "withholding" for that should be the type if you are under a private company. I then went to the same BIR office to inquire. I do not need to get a new TIN for a TIN must only be issued once for every person. I just have to update my tax type (if one person obtains more than one TIN, you can be charged with multiple TINs, pay a fine and have a record in BIR for such case). To my surprise, I myself cannot update my taxpayer type for the officers said that RMO 20-2015 implicates that THE EMPLOYER SHOULD BE THE ONE TO OBTAIN A TIN FOR THEIR EMPLOYEE (non-verbatim). The ones who also went there who were first-time applicants were not able to obtain a TIN for the officers there were strictly implementing the said RMO. I then told my employer about it and I gave them my filled-out form 2305 which is the form used for updates. 

I am not an expert on the said matter. What is stated above was just my experience in the above mentioned RDO and how I was able to obtain and update my TIN. For better information about it, I suggest you visit the nearest RDO in your place. I hope this helps you though. :)


Love, A
https://twitter.com/anamrieapl




No comments:

Post a Comment