Sunday 5 May 2013

Major major! :))

Like I said from my recent bog post, my summer classes have been eating up all my time.This summer, I am taking up two major subjects plus one minor subject. It has come to my senses that my ONLY minor subject seems to be my SUPER MAJOR subject. Hard quizzes, assignment every meeting and a project which seems like a baby thesis to be submitted in two weeks! 

Our project requires us to go to Manila Zoo, La Mesa Eco Park and Ocean Park.
Earlier this day, my classmates and I went to Manila Zoo and Eco Park. Twas tiring but of course the bonding and fun made it worth while. We have to take pictures of plants and animals and research their taxonomical classification. (It is harder than it sounds)

Sharing with you few photos from our little field trip.


Photo taken from Manila Zoo. As cliche as it may sound, I am still happy that they still conserve Manila Zoo. It may not be as nice as the other Zoos but it is still a survivor. Lol. There are a lot of animals in Manila Zoo. I only compiled some of the photos. Plus, they have other adventures inside. :))
Photo (c) Ali Manaloto


Our trip to MZ earlier was my second time. The first time I went there, I was not able to see the hippopotamus because it was floating or whatever term you call it (as seen on the upper photo). And sooo, I was really happy to be seeing it this time around. 

Manila Zoo rate and schedule:
Monday-Sunday 8AM-6PM
Adult-40; Children-20

La Mesa Eco Park


We went to Eco Park to take photos of trees and plants. There are also a lot things you can do there. Picnic, swimming, zip line, horse back riding, hiking, etc.
We paid Php 50 upon entering the Eco Park. It serves as your initial entrance fee then to experience the activities I mentioned above, of course you have to pay for them. Ranging from Php 50-250.

My summer classmates in Biological Science I went with. :)

PS: we were also assigned to submit a mid-light plant (does not need too much light from the sun). We were able to buy some. It cost us around Php 25-50 then an additional Php 25 for a pot. Unfortunately, upon arriving home and researching about the plant I bought, it's name did not appear or match any result. So please, if you happen to know what plant this is, kindly e-mail or tweet me. :)


Will compose another blog post after we go to Ocean Park.
xx. Ana A. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment