Thursday 24 October 2013

You will know her name

I was in MOA earlier and I got to watch CARRIE with my boyfriend. <3
On my knowledge, I thought it was a horror movie. 
Thank goodness it's not as I am not a big fan of horror movies. 
What I can say about the movie is that it is nice but at the same time weird.
Weird in the sense that Carrie, do not know anything about "period" or menstruation. 
Weird again because her mom seems like a crazy Christian who has a high tolerance for pain? Idk. :))
On the other hand, I find it nice. Suspense actually. If only people who are bullied gets to have the same revenge as Carrie did to her bullies, I'm sure there would not be any bullies anymore.
Although not literally like Carrie killing all of them. *spoiler alert* What I meant is that if those who are bullied have the same ability to stand up for themselves, it would be better. :)




Official movie poster and trailer.

My favorite character in the movie would be Sue Snell played by Gabriella Wilde.
She is the kind one.Although was one of the bully, she did realize she was wrong and did make up for it by lending her own CUTE boyfriend. *spoiler alert* 
Aside from that, she is really pretty too. Hihi.

Lastly, may I just say that the movie Carrie reminds me so much of an old Filipino movie titled Anak ng Dilim directed by Nick Lizaso wherein Gladys Reyes was the lead role.
It is ALMOST but NOT EXACTLY of the same story wherein Gladys who played Adela was also bullied in their school, was asked out to prom, won prom queen and on the coronation was spilled with blood of a pig and she uses her powers to ruin the prom and hurt the bullies and the like.
Just saying. If you've seen Carrie and Anak ng Dilim, you'll know what I mean.

You can still watch Carrie in cinemas. 220 pesos as it is in 2D.
You will know her name.
xx. Ana A.

3 comments:

  1. Anak ng Dilim was a local version of Carrie which is Stephen King's book and made to a movie in 1976.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know where I can watch Anak ng Dilim?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have searched far and wide for Anak ng dilim. Anyone know where I can get a copy? My email is WDANIEL582@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete